Re: pqReadData() - backend unexpectedly closed the channel

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Scott Price" <Scott(dot)Price(at)sci(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pqReadData() - backend unexpectedly closed the channel
Date: 2001-03-13 02:07:26
Lists: pgsql-general

"Scott Price" <Scott(dot)Price(at)sci(dot)com> writes:
> The last response I saw =
> from postgresql.org to Frank was from a fellow Tom Lane asking to see a =
> core dump. Since I experienced this problem I would like to send you a =
> core dump of my file (which is gzipped), core.gz

No, I wanted to see a backtrace. A core dump is of no value on any
other platform than your own, especially without a copy of the same
executable you used (and no, don't send that).

regards, tom lane

(Marc, why in the world did you approve a 280k binary posting to
pgsql-general? There are going to be a lot of annoyed people...)