Re: Restartable signals 'n all that

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Restartable signals 'n all that
Date: 2007-07-01 21:40:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> One other possiblity is using something like nanosleep():
> But I don't know if that would help on your HPUX box though...

Doesn't help ... the function exists but it seems to have the identical
restarting behavior to select :-(

I had previously tried poll(), noting that its man page didn't say
anything about being restartable, but no luck there either.

I'm prepared to write off HPUX as being broken in this regard, if
no one else reports similar behaviors from their platforms; but we
still have to think about whether statement_timeout isn't putting
us at risk due to SIGALRM not being marked SA_RESTART.