Windows OS Crash, got Data Folder, how do I get it running again...

From: bdorseyxi1 <bdorsey(at)soapware(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Windows OS Crash, got Data Folder, how do I get it running again...
Date: 2008-05-14 17:05:38
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm not a PostgreSQL expert, I only know Microsoft SQL. I have a customer
with postgresql database...
1. Windows OS Crashed *do not know the state of postgresql when this
occurred*
2. Pulled data folder from from postgresql 8.2 folder
3. OS was reinstalled & post 8.2

How do I reinsert the Data folder & get the service up & running?

Microsoft SQL, I would usually put the bad DB in Emergency Mode & then
export it into a blank DB. Is there a similar fix for Post???

Brandon Dorsey - bdorsey(at)soapware(dot)com