How do I remove PostgreSQL completely?

From: "Sebastian Frey" <sebastian(dot)frey89(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How do I remove PostgreSQL completely?
Date: 2010-10-18 14:10:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi guys!

I wanted to install PokerTracker3, but the required PostgreSQL could not be installed because (apparently) it was installed before by another program...
So, when I start PokerTracker3, a PostgreSQL server window opens containing already filled in data about Server, Password etc...
When I press connect, the window "PostgreSQL wasn't able to connect to this database. Please check configuration (or something like this)" appears.

So I searched on the internet and found on one of the many support websites the instruction to unistall PostgreSQL, which I did, but apparently the account wasn't fully deleted, so the problem is still there and I have no idea of how to get rid of it!

I would greatly appreciate your help, but I need very basic instructions since I have only very basic knowledge of computers in general...

Best, sebastian
Neu: WEB.DE De-Mail - Einfach wie E-Mail, sicher wie ein Brief!
Jetzt De-Mail-Adresse reservieren: https://produkte.web.de/go/demail02