question on win32 version

From: "Tony Caduto" <tony(dot)caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: question on win32 version
Date: 2004-09-02 03:29:05
Lists: pgadmin-support

On the current 1.0 production release the function editor window opens center screen, and in the snapshot builds it does not.
The center screen behavior is much better because the user can then simply maximise or resize.
The current behavior is a huge pain, why do I have to resize it all the time?
I know someone said there is a bug in windows, but I have never seen any other app display this weird behavior.
I have several users at work who constantly complain that the function editor window pops up in the lower right hand side of the screen with part of it off the screen.

I tell them that if they manually resize it it will pop up where they left it. The problem is the users are so used to maximizing they get very frustrated, and I see where they are coming from.
I am not trying to be a pain in the ass but the current behavior of the function editor is just not good.

Also why does it have a stay on top form style? It currently blocks the entire desktop because it always remains on top.

Can you please do something to fix this?

PG Admin is the only decent tool for Postgres out there right now and I compliment the developers.

Thanks,

Tony Caduto
Inexpensive Corporate Messaging
AM Software Design