fix for acls with usernames that have " characters in them.

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Patches" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: fix for acls with usernames that have " characters in them.
Date: 2003-08-11 04:32:15
Lists: pgsql-patches

This patch seems to address all the problems with usernames with double
quotes in them. The only thing I'm worried about is what happens when you
run pg_dump now against old versions of postgres that don't use the new
quoting rules...

I've done lots of dumping and loading with usernames like [\,"- _ *<> '\,\
\" \' = \" -%,*&^% and I haven't managed to break it yet. However, whomever
commits this patch should check my logic carefully, and especially check
that I have allowed properly for malloc() space for the extra characters and
stuff.

Cheers,

Chris

Attachment Content-Type Size