!!! Compress individual tables with postgres

From: "Shabala Deshpande" <de(dot)shabala(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: !!! Compress individual tables with postgres
Date: 2008-09-30 09:12:08
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have very large databases that are in postgresql (200Gbs+) and individual
tables that take up as huge space. I know that in mysql one can compress
individual tables with isam-compression. I understand that postgresql
compresses text automatically, is there anyway to compress my large database
further?
Isn't there any specific method to compress the tables?? or does postgres
handle it on its own? cause I have a large nos of daily generated tables
with footprint of each of the table to be quite big.. so i need to compress
the individual tables.. please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Shabala Deshpande