Re: Read only transactions - Commit or Rollback

From: Nörder-Tuitje, Marcus <noerder-tuitje(at)technology(dot)de>
To: "Markus Schaber" <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>,"PostgreSQL Performance List" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Read only transactions - Commit or Rollback
Date: 2005-12-20 10:55:23
Lists: pgsql-performance
afaik, this should be completely neglectable.

starting a transaction implies write access. if there is none, You do not need to think about transactions, because there are none.

postgres needs to schedule the writing transactions with the reading ones, anyway.

But I am not that performance profession anyway ;-)

regards,
Marcus