question on cross-data center replication

From: "Dournaee, Blake" <blake(dot)dournaee(at)intel(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: question on cross-data center replication
Date: 2011-10-12 22:24:43
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi -

I had a general newbie type question. I am looking for a database that supports replication across datacenters that may be widely distributed.

I understand that Oracle has replication technology through "streams" and "data guard" and would like to understand a little more about the equivalent functionality in postgresql.

Specifically:
1. Does this database support replication across instances of the database?
2. How does it work at a high level?
3. How does it compare to similar functionality in mySQL or Oracle?
4. How reliable is it?

Thanks,
Blake

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Simon RiggsDate: 2011-10-12 22:54:03