Single User mode

From: Theo Galanakis <Theo(dot)Galanakis(at)lonelyplanet(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Single User mode
Date: 2004-12-22 05:17:53
Lists: pgsql-admin
I was curious if there was a better way of killing the "postgres" process? I
needed to place out DB in single user mode Using "postgres". Once I had
finished and exited "postgres", I could not start up "pg_ctl" the database
as postgres was still running. Is there a elequant way then just using :
kill -9 [#postgres-pid#]?

Theo

This email, including attachments, is intended only for the addressee
and may be confidential, privileged and subject to copyright.  If you
have received this email in error, please advise the sender and delete
it.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not
use, copy or disclose its content to anyone.  You must not copy or
communicate to others content that is confidential or subject to
copyright, unless you have the consent of the content owner.

pgsql-admin by date