Re: Proposed patch to remove .so pattern rules from platform Makefiles

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Rocco Altier" <RoccoA(at)Routescape(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposed patch to remove .so pattern rules from platform Makefiles
Date: 2005-07-26 17:48:31
Lists: pgsql-patches
"Rocco Altier" <RoccoA(at)Routescape(dot)com> writes:
> Please disregard this patch.  I have a ton of lib%.exp and similar files
> created currently.

Yeah, that was one of the reasons I called it ugly :-(.  I had put in an
"rm" step to get rid of lib%.so, you could probably fix the extraneous
.exp files similarly.

Alternatively we could look at expanding Makefile.shlib to provide %.so
pattern rules directly.  My patch was more intended as proof of concept
than anything we necessarily wanted to apply as-is.