Connect via odbc from Windows to Linux

From: Bruce Hyatt <brucejhyatt(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Connect via odbc from Windows to Linux
Date: 2008-12-01 03:18:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
I am trying to set up an odbc connection from Windows 2000 to Postgresql running on Linux (CentOS 4.7).

I have the appropriate Postgresql jdbc driver on the windows box as well as the hosts file with the linux host. Postgresql.conf has listen_addresses = '*'. The port is the same on both ends.

Trying various configurations with the odbc datasource administrator, the most friendly response I can get from a test is that the connected party/host failed to respond ("properly after a period of time" in the case of the 'party').

I do have portsentry running on the linux host but the windows box is not blocked.

I'm afraid there must be a simple solution but I can't figure out what it is. Where should I look?

TIA,
Bruce Hyatt

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: John R PierceDate: 2008-12-01 05:02:40