Re: Oracle MINUS is not supported

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Denis Perchine <dyp(at)perchine(dot)com>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Oracle MINUS is not supported
Date: 2001-03-10 18:13:02
Lists: pgsql-patches
> we would rather have a pass over the queries before they reach our
> grammar.  The pass would restructure any Oracle-specific syntax into
> PostgreSQL syntax.

More specifically, a separate program to convert Oracle-isms into
Postgres-isms (and, perhaps, MySQL-isms, DB2-isms, ...).  Feed it
a script, get a new script back.

Do we have a TODO list entry for this?  I don't see it offhand.
I do see something about an SQL*Net listener, which would probably
need to run this sort of conversion on-the-fly, but ISTM the first
step ought to be a simple script converter.