Regress test updates: status report

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Regress test updates: status report
Date: 2000-03-31 06:01:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I have committed fixes for all the so-far-reported regression test
discrepancies, with the exception that some of the 'geometry' expected
files look to be out of date and I have no proposed updates.  Would
those folks who reported problems check again, using either a fresh CVS
update or a snapshot dated later than this message?

I also hacked libpq++'s Makefile.in so that it picks up CXXFLAGS
from the template file or configure calculations, rather than
automatically absorbing all of CFLAGS into CXXFLAGS.  This should
make things better on platforms where the C++ compiler doesn't like
the same switch set as the C compiler.  However, we might now need
to take steps to add stuff back into CXXFLAGS on some platforms.
Please check this if you've had trouble building libpq++ in the past.