Access Priviledges among multiple users (roles).

From: Potluri Srikanth <spotluri(at)ismartpanache(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Access Priviledges among multiple users (roles).
Date: 2008-05-10 15:49:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

 Hi ,
 I am screwed up in permissions related issue !!!!!!!!
 Senario:
 ==========
 User1 : gpadmin (DBA user)
 user2: BIUSER ( reporting user)-------------this is not a OS user,
rather a DB login ROLE.
 all table deployed in gpadmin user, having parent table and lots of
child tables.
 example:
 1) SMS (parent table)
 2) SMS_child_1
     SMS_child_2
 SMS_child_n
 Child tables( actually partitioned tables ; one child table for each
day) inherit from parent tables.
 now, there is another Reporting user : "BIUSER".
 This user need access to all tables of gpadmin user.
 how do i grant "select" priviledges on all tables in gpadmin user to
biuser in a single command, so that  current and future child tables
in gpadmin tables also becomes accessible to biuser.
 can anyone guide me the right method to do this ??
 i done want to issue grant command for each table !
 Regards,
 Srikanth k Potluri
 +63 9177444783(philippines)

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Potluri SrikanthDate: 2008-05-11 14:29:01