user defined data type

From: vikas vashista <er(dot)vikasvashista(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: user defined data type
Date: 2009-10-22 13:10:44
Lists: pgsql-novice
hi

my aim is to put a the UPDATE operation result showing which field updated
with having details of field name, old value & new vale.
i had written the trigger for it, and that working fine.
But for a very large database i want to use array for dynamic length.
I want to create user defined data type and want to used in array type for
input the output of my trigger of UPDATE operation.

how can i built user defined data type?
how can i used my user defined data type for array?

with regrds
vikas

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Nathaniel TrelliceDate: 2009-10-22 14:40:22