Postgres (EUC - JP encoded ) with Unicode MFC Application

From: krishnan swaminathan <krishnan1469(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres (EUC - JP encoded ) with Unicode MFC Application
Date: 2010-01-04 07:59:11
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi ,

I have an MFC application built with unicode characterset enabled (so
CString and the MFC API's expects wide characters) and the postgres db as
backend which is EUC - JP encoded.

Iam accessing my DB using CRecordset for reading the tables and direct query
execution using ExecuteSQL for updation., Both these MFC functions expects
wide strings of *2 bytes *but my DB is multibyte encoded of *1 byte*. Can
anyone please let me know how to handle this scenario of Unicode application
with multibyte encoded DB.

Thanks
Krish

pgsql-odbc by date

Previous:From: noreplyDate: 2009-12-30 17:30:16
Subject: [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1010745 ] ODBC Interval data types are not implemented natively