Re: Possible Bug: high CPU usage for stats collector in 8.2

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Darcy Buskermolen <darcyb(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Possible Bug: high CPU usage for stats collector in 8.2
Date: 2007-03-01 21:00:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> This might all be OK - I just noticed it as I was looking at the
> problem, so I though I'd mention it.

I'm inclined to leave that code alone unless someone can point to a
platform where setting POLLERR in events actually causes a problem.
The pgstat code was modeled on libpq, which has been passing POLLERR
ever since its poll() support was written (for 7.4), so I think we
have lots of evidence that this way works everywhere, and none that
the other one does.