Re: configure script failure with SCO 5.0.7

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "David P(dot) Lurie" <dbase4(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: configure script failure with SCO 5.0.7
Date: 2004-03-26 01:01:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

"David P. Lurie" <dbase4(at)hotmail(dot)com> writes:
> dplp4:~$ psql template1
> psql: server closed the connection unexpectedly
> This probably means the server terminated abnormally
> before or while processing the request.

So, what shows up in the postmaster log when this happens? Is there a
core file, and if so can you get a stack trace from it?

> I can connect to the server using trusted login from pgAdminIII from my
> windows box, with template0 and template1 displayed as with the older
> version, and cywin ports on windows boxes.

Yeah? Can you connect locally via TCP? Try
psql -h localhost template1
If that works then the problem must be localized to Unix socket access
... I have no idea what would cause such a problem though ...