Re: 9.2 final

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Joshua Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 9.2 final
Date: 2012-06-12 14:08:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Let me put it this way: is there a benefit to changing the plan?

The plan is, and always has been, "we'll release when it's ready".
We generally suppose that a release is ready when the rate of bug
reports against the beta has dropped off substantially. It's certainly
absurd to claim that 9.2 has reached that stage.

Personally I'd very much like to see 9.2 out before the fall, mainly
because I'd like to get it into Fedora 18 (which would require 9.2.0
to be out by early September at the latest). But getting it out in
June would require abandoning every standard for release quality we've
ever had.