Re: Installing a module for PostgreSQL

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "A(dot) Kretschmer" <andreas(dot)kretschmer(at)schollglas(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installing a module for PostgreSQL
Date: 2009-03-06 17:07:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Wow, is that it? I didn't realise it was that simple. Shouldn't something
> like this be mentioned in the modules section of the documentation? It's
> just that it wasn't obvious what constituted a module.

There is documentation here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/contrib.html

Do you think it's inadequate? Or maybe it's just not prominent enough?
I could see how someone would miss it by failing to scroll down on what
seems to be just a table-of-contents page. Perhaps it needs to be its
own <sect1>.