Re: foreign key constraint not working when index tablespace is not default.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joel Krajden <joelk(at)cs(dot)concordia(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: foreign key constraint not working when index tablespace is not default.
Date: 2005-03-29 22:29:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Joel Krajden <joelk(at)cs(dot)concordia(dot)ca> writes:
> But if I create the tables as a mortal user or create them as postgres
> but in the schema of user joelk and grant all to user joelk, I can
> insert data without the foreign key constraint being respected. Now if
> I drop the foreign key constraint and recreate it with a schema prefix
> in the references section, the constarint works fine.

This is even harder to believe than the first report. Could we see a
complete, self-contained test case? A SQL script that demonstrates the
problem from a standing start in an empty database is what I have in mind.

(What I suspect is that you have multiple similarly-named tables in
different schemas and are getting confused by that...)