Re: postgresql on win2k

From: "Gerrit P(dot) Haase" <gp(at)familiehaase(dot)de>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "dave" <dmehler(at)davemehler(dot)com>
Subject: Re: postgresql on win2k
Date: 2001-12-09 15:27:11
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hallo Gerrit,

Am 2001-12-09 um 16:18 me wrote:

> One suggestion was: "I believe it is an old pid file..."

It seems I need to revoke my last email. I found an old pid file here too
and after deleting it the service runs again. Is there an option to force
postmaster to clobber this pidfile? I think this is a bug! If postmaster
service gets killed and not stopped, the pid file isn't deleted and it
happens quite often that my daughter turns off the power of my PC, so it
should be possible to start the service again without manually deleting
the pidfile.

But that doesn't explain the problems at my other machine because I deleted
an old pidfile there too and the service still refused to run.

>> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

> Why?

Because the postmaster.pid file isn't deleted.

Ciao,

Gerrit P. Haase mailto:gp(at)familiehaase(dot)de
--
=^..^=