Re: Remembering bug #6123

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Remembering bug #6123
Date: 2012-01-20 20:34:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> After a couple meetings, I have approval to get this into an
> application release currently in development.  Assuming that your
> patch from the 13th is good for doing the testing, I think I can
> post test results in about three weeks.  I'll also work on a
> follow-on patch to add couple paragraphs and an example of the issue
> to the docs by then.

Well, the issues about wording of the error message are obviously just
cosmetic, but I think we'd better do whatever we intend to do to the
callers of heap_lock_tuple before putting the patch through testing.
I'm inclined to go ahead and make them throw errors, just to see if
that has any effects we don't like.

I'm up to my elbows in planner guts at the moment, but will try to
fix up the patch this weekend if you want.