Re: pgc.l modif. has been overwritten again

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Nicolas Bazin" <nbazin(at)ingenico(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgc.l modif. has been overwritten again
Date: 2002-03-27 06:23:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
"Nicolas Bazin" <nbazin(at)ingenico(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> They are not in postgresql-7.2.1.tar.gz
> I just checked the repositary with the CVS web interface and the modif are
> not in there.

Hm.  Perhaps you should display your diffs the right way 'round if you
don't want to be misunderstood.

> And looking and the history of this file I don't see the modif beeing
> applied. But I know that at some stage it was applied by Bruce momjian  and
> overwritten by Mickeal Meskes ???

I looked closely at the CVS history for pgc.l, and cannot see any sign
that any such patch was ever applied.  I suggest submitting the patch
formally with an explanation why it's needed (eg, a test case).  The
existing code is not obviously wrong to me.