Re: Clear out the reminants of EXTEND INDEX

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Clear out the reminants of EXTEND INDEX
Date: 2001-07-16 18:55:31
Lists: pgsql-patches
> I always rip that stuff out. We do an initdb for every release.  What
> could break by renumbering those nodes?

Actually, since we don't store node type numbers on disk (just symbolic
names), there's probably nothing that could break as long as people do a
full recompile when they update.  It's no worse than changing the fields
of a widely-used struct, I suppose.  I was just being paranoid.

If you want to apply the patch as-is then you might as well remove all
the "XXX"'d items in nodes.h...