Does mbutils.c really need to use L'\0' ?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Does mbutils.c really need to use L'\0' ?
Date: 2010-07-06 21:41:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I grow weary of mopping up after pgindent, as in
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-07/msg00069.php

The problem evidently is that pgindent hasn't heard of wide character
constants. No doubt the best fix would be to teach it about them;
but given that we seem to have next to no use for such constants,
I'm dubious that it's worth the trouble. I suggest that it might be
best to replace these usages of L'\0' by plain scalar 0. Does anyone
think that wouldn't work or is too grotty?