Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items
Date: 1999-05-31 19:01:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I said:
> I did find that the PROC structures are not counted in the initial
> sizing of the shared memory block.

Er ... yes they are ... never mind ...

At this point I am not going to make any further changes to the
shared-mem code unless Hiroshi and Tatsuo report that there are still
problems.

I would still like to alter the calling conventions for hash_search
and hash_seq, which are ugly and also dependent on static state
variables.  But as far as I can tell right now, those are just code
beautification items rather than repairs for currently-existing bugs.
So it seems best not to risk breaking anything with so little testing
time left in the 6.5 cycle.  I will put them on my to-do-for-6.6 list
instead.

Next:From: Pablo FunesDate: 1999-05-31 19:05:53