Re: Postgres 9.0alpha4?

From: Lou Picciano <loupicciano(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Mario Splivalo <mario(dot)splivalo(at)megafon(dot)hr>, pgsql-testers(at)postgresql(dot)org, IP <ireneusz(dot)pastusiak(at)poczta(dot)fm>
Subject: Re: Postgres 9.0alpha4?
Date: 2010-02-24 20:18:29
Lists: pgsql-testers
Thanks, Josh, for the notes - these are helpful. I'm inferring from them that a new instance build - from an 8.4-alpha - won't be necessary for this one?

The revision of the major version number is a bit misleading; per previous renumbering conventions (dare I say conventions?), the v9 family change would have suggested a major architectural difference. IE, that an initdb would be required...

Am I barking up the wrong tree here? Lou

PS - Really looking forward to the replication features. Already have the SSL build in place.