WIP: grouping sets support

From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: WIP: grouping sets support
Date: 2008-10-17 10:16:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

there is basic support of GROUPING SETS. This patch isn't ready for
production! It's only material for discus. Parser and executor are
done. Planner part should be completely rewritten. I don't understand
well to planner, and I haven't idea that parts should be shared with
groupby. Implementation is based on using hash tables that holds
result. It implements push mode via new node feeder.

Parser is ugly - there was two problems - 1. collision '(' ... ')'
between set spec and ROW constructor, 2. identificator cube shouldn't
be keyword (compatibility with cube contrib module).

I invite any help or comments. Without help I am not able to prepare
this patch for last commitfest. Help is necessary in two parts -
documentation, planner and testing. This version is based on CVS HEAD
before CTE patch!

knows limits:
* only hash aggregates are supported
* doe's somebody understand what's mean ALL in GROUP BY CLAUSE?

Pavel Stehule