Re: Unrecognized node type

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Sanchez-Mariscal <mariscal(at)javahispano(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unrecognized node type
Date: 2004-06-29 16:18:17
Lists: pgsql-sql

Alvaro Sanchez-Mariscal <mariscal(at)javahispano(dot)org> writes:
> I've tried to import a dump from pg_dump. Everything goes ok, but at
> certain point, in the following sentence:

> CREATE TABLE ca_persona (

> lssi boolean DEFAULT NULL::boolean,
> postal boolean DEFAULT NULL::boolean,
> tele_marketing boolean DEFAULT NULL::boolean,
> )

> I get the following error message:
> "ERROR: unrecognized node type: 656".

I couldn't duplicate this:

regression=# CREATE TABLE ca_persona (
regression(# lssi boolean DEFAULT NULL::boolean,
regression(# postal boolean DEFAULT NULL::boolean,
regression(# tele_marketing boolean DEFAULT NULL::boolean);
CREATE TABLE
regression=# \d ca_persona
Table "public.ca_persona"
Column | Type | Modifiers
----------------+---------+-----------------------
lssi | boolean | default NULL::boolean
postal | boolean | default NULL::boolean
tele_marketing | boolean | default NULL::boolean

regression=# insert into ca_persona default values;
INSERT 154658 1
regression=#

I suppose there's some other factor involved in the problem that
you didn't show us.

> My question is simple: what the h... can I do? :-)

As far as finding the bug, you need to provide a complete,
self-contained test case.

As far as loading the schema, how about just removing the DEFAULT
clauses? "default null" is the default behavior anyway.