Re: [INTERFACES] PL_na undeclared

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Brian P Millett <bpm(at)ec-group(dot)com>
Cc: John Cusick <jcusick(at)exotrope(dot)net>, pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org, Doug MacEachern <dougm(at)perl(dot)apache(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] PL_na undeclared
Date: 1999-09-30 23:12:11
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Brian P Millett <bpm(at)ec-group(dot)com> writes:
> So if the PERLV is greater than 5.004_76 (When all of the internals
> started to be renamed) then the file perl_PL.h is included. The
> perl_PL.h is:

> #ifndef patchlevel
> #define patchlevel PL_patchlevel
> #endif
> [ and a lot more in the same vein ]

Ugh. I was afraid the answer would be just that dirty :-(

Would someone volunteer to do the legwork on teaching the postgres perl5
module about this? I had a TODO item to look into it myself, but it
could be a long time before it gets to the top of my queue.

Probably we ought to modify the Pg.pm file to use the new names, and
then conditionally include macro definitions to substitute the old
names, rather than the other way around as your example has it.
Forward thinking and all that.