pg_hba.conf errors

From: "Bradley W(dot) Dutton" <brad-pgsql(at)duttonbros(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_hba.conf errors
Date: 2006-03-31 23:12:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Does anyone know if there were any updates to this issue?
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2003-06/msg00195.php

As it is now our web server running PHP attempts to connect to the DB
using SSL (which is off), the server rejects the connection, logs it, then
the client successfully connects without SSL. There isn't a real problem
per se, but I would like to get rid of the error messages:
Mar 31 15:07:16 db1 postgres[16474]: [4-1] FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry
for host "xxxx", user "xxxx", database "xxxx", SSL on

Thanks for your time,
Brad