Query parallelism

From: luchot <luchot(at)voila(dot)fr>
To: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Query parallelism
Date: 2006-03-27 14:25:25
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello everybody ,
I use PostgreSQL 8.1.3 on a bi-processor Xeon and I would know how to do to enable a parallelism for
the execution of queries. Indeed , when I analyse the use of the cpus during a query the result is that for
some minutes a cpu is used while the other not and after it is the contrary. So they are not used at the same
time and i would know what i have to do in order cpus work together .
Thanks and sorry for my english,