Re: Another exception (Transaction level)

From: Ole Streicher <ole-usenet-spam(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Paul Thomas <paul(at)tmsl(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Another exception (Transaction level)
Date: 2003-07-25 15:37:20
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Paul!

Paul Thomas writes:
> You _might_ be ok if you were just doing selects (I've never tried it so
> I'm just guessing here) but for inserts/updates/deletes with transactions,
> you are going to run into problems because you commit/rollback on the
> connection and I suspect that the back-end will only allow one active
> transaction at a time.

Yes, this was the cause of the problems. When I use different
connections, everything works. Thanks.

> > 7.2.2 from SuSE, but my pdf documentation is of 7.3.2 (downloaded
> > wednesday or so). Page 141 (a4 version): "The four transaction levels
> > and the corresponding behavior are shown in Table 9-1".
> Those are defined behaviours of the SQL spec. The sentance just below
> table 9-1 is the important one ;-)

Hmm, I find this a bit misleading. Looks like the smallprint on usual
contracts: a big table what you would get, and a small text below
"this is not what we offer" ;-)

I'd propose to put this information directly into the table - either
by removing the two not supported levels, or by flagging them somehow.

Ciao

Ole