Re: force C locale for temp regression installations

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: force C locale for temp regression installations
Date: 2005-08-26 17:42:52
Lists: pgsql-patches

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> OK, so what is your default locale on that machine? In particular, is
>> it UTF16-based?

> initdb picks up: "English_United States.1252"

Yup. So it was trying to use this little hack:

/* Win32 has strncoll(), so use it to avoid copying */
return _strncoll(arg1, arg2, Min(len1, len2));

which does not actually do what's desired, if the strings are of
different length. That's what we get for focusing on the hard case
and not testing the easy case ;-)

I've committed a fix.