Re: RFD: PostgreSQL Schema Support

From: "Rod Taylor" <rbt(at)zort(dot)ca>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RFD: PostgreSQL Schema Support
Date: 2002-04-05 14:34:04
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Option 2 is certainly the best long term. A couple of releases from
now and very few people will be using 7.2 or prior -- and they should
expect newer tools to be broken .

Support namespaces in the cleanest way possible, and potentially add a
temporary hack (for the length of 7.3.x releases and maybe part of
7.4) to support 7.2 and prior with a 'pg_public' or default namespace.
ie. Pretend a namespace exists for public stuff, as when they upgrade
to 7.3 that would be where it all ends up (I think), so it's somwhat
appropriate.

--
Rod Taylor

Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice
how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The
opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt
otherwise.