Re: pg_restore -t table concerns

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Mike Toews <mwtoews(at)sfu(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_restore -t table concerns
Date: 2009-06-29 17:25:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Mike Toews <mwtoews(at)sfu(dot)ca> writes:
> I have a few concerns with the usability and documentation for
> pg_restore (note: I'm on 8.3, but I've checked the documentation for 8.4).

There's a TODO item about that already...

* Add support for multiple pg_restore -t options, like pg_dump

pg_restore's -t switch is less useful than pg_dump's in quite a
few ways: no multiple switches, no pattern matching, no ability
to pick up indexes and other dependent items for a selected
table. It should be made to handle this switch just like pg_dump
does.