Re: problems compiling in 64 bits

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Gerardo Antonio" <oyogimalandro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problems compiling in 64 bits
Date: 2008-05-31 15:25:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Gerardo Antonio" <oyogimalandro(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I am trying to compile Postgres 8.1.9 in the following Linux version:

> Linux version 2.6.9-34.EL (bhcompile(at)altix2(dot)build(dot)redhat(dot)com) (gcc version
> 3.4.5 20051201 (Red Hat 3.4.5-2))

> but I get a bunch of errors saying "

> i386 architecture of input file
> `../../src/port/libpgport_srv.a(pgstrcasecmp_srv.o)' is incompatible with
> ia64-elf64 output"

There's something screwed up about your build environment. You might
want to check that you do not have values for CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, CPPFLAGS
etc in your environment variables (if you do, get rid of them and
restart from the configure step). The only other cause I can think of
offhand is having the wrong compile/link toolchain installed.

It might be helpful for you to compare your build logs with those
from a similar machine in our buildfarm, eg
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=dungbeetle&br=REL8_1_STABLE
Look for differences in the flags that the compiler/linker get
invoked with.