Re: Incorrect "invalid AM/PM string" error from to_timestamp

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Alex Hunsaker" <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Joshua Tolley" <eggyknap(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Incorrect "invalid AM/PM string" error from to_timestamp
Date: 2008-09-26 14:11:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I have some thoughts on this and other issues surrounding AM/PM, but
> perhaps they are better reserved for a separate thread. Might I
> suggest we apply Alex's bugfix and hold off on the message changes
> pending further discussion?

Agreed on separating the message issue. What I wanted to know was
whether there are similar bugs elsewhere in to_timestamp, or whether
you're pretty sure this is the only occurrence of the coding pattern?
I've always found it helpful to think "where else did we make this
same mistake" after identifying a bug.