Re: pl/pgSQL development environment

From: "Charles N(dot) Charotti" <ccharotti(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, stafford(at)marine(dot)rutgers(dot)edu
Subject: Re: pl/pgSQL development environment
Date: 2008-08-04 20:13:11
Lists: pgsql-novice
Regarding the question about packages from oracle and the PG functions implementation. PG does not have the package concept or library of pl/pgsql functions.

It just implements functions and they can be separated by user's different objets or different schema's objets.

You have this in PG so far, and it works pretty well in terms of operational uses. Maybe speaking about performance and organizations issues, it has to grow much more yet.

Regards,

Charles