Re: IANA registration

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pete Forman <pete(dot)forman(at)westerngeco(dot)com>, Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IANA registration
Date: 2001-03-28 00:13:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org> writes:
>> This seemed like a Marc job to me. Marc?

> Will do ... *nod*

Ok, fine here. BTW, I was thinking that rather than filling in their
webform in any detail, it'd make the most sense to just supply a link
to our protocol documentation, presently

http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/postgres/protocol.htm
or
http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/protocol.html

Even though the latter is nominally unstable docs, the URL doesn't
have built-in obsolescence in it ;-)

Maybe we should arrange for a more stable path to the "current release"
docs, ie a symlink without a version number?