Re: Co-Location

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Rod Taylor" <rbt(at)zort(dot)on(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Co-Location
Date: 2000-12-16 17:57:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Rod Taylor" <rbt(at)zort(dot)on(dot)ca> writes:
> If you (collective core) feels that PostgreSQL has all the resources it req=
> uires at the moment, then please ignore this message.

Rod, I don't think the project has any need for full-up hosting as such,
but access to unusual platforms is frequently useful for chasing
portability problems. If your machines are running something other than
a run-of-the-mill setup (which I'd define as Linux or *BSD on Intel),
it might be useful to have access to them for testing. An unprivileged
user account with adequate disk space and access to the usual
development tools (compiler, debugger, etc) would be all we'd need.
Let us know if you think you can contribute along that line.