Re: Small documentation enhancement for default_tablespace

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Small documentation enhancement for default_tablespace
Date: 2010-11-27 21:11:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de> writes:
> last week someone raised in a german webforum the question why
> "default_tablespace" is not used for "CREATE DATABASE". After a brief
> discussion on irc (thanks RhodiumToad) I added a note to the
> documentation mentioning this point.

> Patch attached.

Personally I'd have said the description of default_tablespace was
clear enough about this already, but I added the following somewhat
revised text.

<para>
This variable is also not used when creating databases.
By default, a new database inherits its tablespace setting from
the template database it is copied from.
</para>