Re: Postgres idea list

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres idea list
Date: 2002-06-26 13:10:16
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org> writes:
> On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It also occurs to me that discussing this on -hackers, which is a
>> technically focused list, is itself somewhat wrongheaded. The best
>> list we have for it at the moment is -general, but I wonder whether we
>> shouldn't create a list centered around project promotion and outreach
>> concerns.

> You mean a list like ... oh, I don't know ...
> pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org? :)

You know, I seemed to remember that we had such a list, but I looked at
http://archives.postgresql.org/
and saw no archive for it, so I figured we didn't.

If you're about to go out and create it, may I suggest that the name
-advocacy might not be the best thing? -advocacy lists seem (to me
anyway) to be more often flamebait arenas than useful discussion areas.
Perhaps pgsql-promotion would be a good name that'd avoid the aura of
flamewars. Or maybe that's just my own perception not anyone else's.