Re: Parallel query execution

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Parallel query execution
Date: 2013-01-16 07:07:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> There are still 34 items needing attention in CF3. I suggest that, if
> you have some spare time, your help would be very much appreciated
> there. The commitfest that started on Jan 15th has 65 extra items.
> Anything currently listed in CF3 can rightfully be considered to be part
> of CF4, too.

In case you hadn't noticed, we've totally lost control of the CF
process. Quite aside from the lack of progress on closing CF3, major
hackers who should know better are submitting significant new feature
patches now, despite our agreement in Ottawa that nothing big would be
accepted after CF3. At this point I'd bet against releasing 9.3 during
2013.