Re: Error passing parameter to functions

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Jose Luis LG" <jlopezgonz(at)terra(dot)es>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error passing parameter to functions
Date: 2002-03-05 16:03:57
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

"Jose Luis LG" <jlopezgonz(at)terra(dot)es> writes:
> If I send the themeID as above I get: ERROR: Attribute 'mathematics' not
> found.

As expected.

> If I send the themeID = "'mathematics'" I get: fmgr_info: function
> 24907: cache lookup failed.

The query syntax is now correct, but there's something broken about your
function definition. My bet is that the plpgsql call handler function
has been deleted. Try reinstalling plpgsql --- ie, rerun createlang;
and then recreate your function, since it'll still be pointing at the
old plpgsql OID.