Re: BUG #1838: IndexSupportInitialze

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Judith Altamirano <jaltamirano(at)correolux(dot)com(dot)mx>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1838: IndexSupportInitialze
Date: 2005-08-22 14:23:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Judith Altamirano <jaltamirano(at)correolux(dot)com(dot)mx> writes:
> Sorry, I just looked into the copyright, but the version that I'm currently
> used is POstgres 7.0.2, that is anyway ancient, :( , but the bug is also
> the same:

>     IndexSupportInitialize: corrupted catalos

> do you think that there is a way to fixed it?

If it's 7.0 you might be able to fix it with a REINDEX DATABASE.
You'll need to stop the postmaster and do this in a standalone backend.

My recollection is that the first couple of releases that had REINDEX
had very poor documentation of how to use it ... you might look at the
online documentation for more recent versions, eg
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/sql-reindex.html
(versions newer than 7.3 will tell you about stuff that does not work
in 7.0, so this is probably the best one to look at)