Re: Docs patch to note that rules only get run once per query.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Sean Reifschneider <jafo(at)tummy(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Docs patch to note that rules only get run once per query.
Date: 2003-04-14 03:47:32
Lists: pgsql-docs
Sean Reifschneider <jafo(at)tummy(dot)com> writes:
> I've made the following patch to the current CVS docs.

> +  Note that rules are only invoked once per query.

<<itch>> This still seems like a serious oversimplification or
misexplanation to me.  It's true that a rule creates only one new query
to execute alongside each user-supplied query --- but that additional
query can execute upon many individual rows.  So I feel dissatisfied
with the above "clarification".  Can you think of another way to explain
it?