IP clash in the PC

From: "Deepa K" <kdeepa(at)midascomm(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: IP clash in the PC
Date: 2004-08-25 13:32:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
In my PC, eth0 is not up because of IP address clash (another PC is
using the same IP address). I tried to execute a file which has set
of insert commands. After executing the file, when I go and see the
database, no rows are inserted. I redirected the output to another
file. It shows success for all inserts, but no rows in database. This
is happening only when the PC has IP clash, that too not all times. I
wasn't able to trace out the problem as it is occuring rarely.

Steps followed :

1. Linux installation (PC with IP adderss clash)
2. Running psql -U corview manager -f "filename" >> out

Can any one help me regarding this.

--
regards,
Deepa K